The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is for anyone who has an interest in teaching, training and education. It is particularly useful as an introduction to this occupational area especially for those who:-
- would like to learn more about the basics of how to teach or how to facilitate training;
- are seeking career progression within their area of work; this may be as a trainer or teacher in a range of sectors, industries and occupational areas; or
- are already in-service as a teacher or trainer and are keen to improve their practice and knowledge of effective teaching and training.
To enrol for this course, you will need to be at least 19 years of age and be able to identify the occupational teaching/training area in which you wish to deliver.
We ask you to undertake an initial diagnostic assessment of your literacy and numeracy abilities, so we can provide appropriate support and ensure you are equipped with the correct skills to progress to the next level of teacher training should you wish to.
We consider every application on an individual basis and would be happy to have an informal discussion should you wish to talk about your current qualifications and experience.
This qualification is predominantly assessed through a portfolio of evidence demonstrating your construction of knowledge and practical ability to plan, deliver and reflect on teaching and training. You will complete 3 units during the course, these are:-
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training;
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training; and
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment in education and training.
Within each unit there are various tasks and assessments you must achieve; these include written essays, producing posters/leaflets and recording personal and professional reflections. You will also be required to do a 15 minute micro-teach on a subject/topic of your choice to the rest of the group at the end of the course showcasing all the skills and knowledge you have acquired. There are no examinations in this course.
The Award is worth 12 credits and is the first step into teaching and further teaching qualifications such as the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training and the Level 5 Certificate in Education and Training.
This course will cost £500, plus £54 for exam registration.