Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year. While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college
• Increase understanding of symptoms and management of stress, anxiety and phobias
Course Content (Units):
1. Understanding mental health
2. Understanding stress
3. Understanding anxiety
4. Understanding phobias
5. Understanding depression
6. Understanding post-natal depression
7. Understanding bipolar disorder
8. Understanding schizophrenia
9. Understanding dementia
10. Understanding eating disorders
11. Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
12. Understanding obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
13. Understanding post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.