Every hour someone in the UK is told they have Parkinson’s disease, there are approximately 152,000 strokes in the UK every year (more than one every 5 minutes), and one in 6 of the UK population have some form of hearing loss. These health conditions, along with others such as arthritis and dementia, effect a substantial proportion of the population. A good understanding of common health conditions is essential in any care environment.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college
• Improve your understanding of dementia, stroke and sensory loss.
Course Content (Units):
1. Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
2. Understand cardiovascular disease
3. Stroke awareness
4. Arthritis awareness
5. Understand physical disability
6. Parkinson’s disease awareness
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.