All children and young people deserve to be safe and well cared for within a safe and protective family. However, unfortunately this is not always the case. With over 50,000 children identified as needing protection from abuse in the UK, it is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitative behaviour that some children experience. Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures, is essential to helping those affected.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
• Improve your understanding of the importance of correctly responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed or bullied
Course Content (Units):
1. Young children’s development
2. The value of play to young children
3. Importance of play for early learning
4. Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
5. Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Childcare Sector.You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.