Using a computer effectively is now an essential skill – at home, at college, at university or at work. It can help you communicate more effectively and access information more easily, and a certified computer qualification makes you more attractive to employers.
ECDL is recognised and valued in workplaces all over the world making it a valuable credential on your CV. Employers regard it as the international benchmark in IT user competence as it meets the growing requirements for evidence of digital literacy from employers. The qualification consists of 4 units and covers the most commonly used Microsoft Office applications:
• Word processing - Create word-processed documents; enter, edit and format text, use graphs, tables and pictures for a professional finish and effectively use tools such as mail merge.
• Spreadsheets - Develop a working knowledge of spreadsheets; enter and format data, manipulate and format worksheets, perform calculations and create charts to produce high-quality documents.
• Presentations - Produce high-quality presentations using a variety of tools including animation, charts, tables, drawn objects and images.
• Improving productivity using IT - Work more effectively with IT. This unit looks at using tools to save time and effort when producing word processed documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
Please note: These ECDL Extra units can also be studied as single unit qualifications. We also offer the opportunity to enrol on a free taster course in any of the subjects listed. A taster course enables you to try out the materials, gain knowledge and confidence before enrolling on a qualification.
We offer a flexible learning style to fit around other commitments. Learn at your own pace, at times to suit you, in a relaxed and friendly environment with support from our qualified and experienced tutors. We also offer distance learning to allow you to fit study in around busy lifestyles.
Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy
You must be:
- aged 19+ the previous August
- resident in the UK/EU for 3 years or longer
Online assessment for each unit.
Full or partial concessions available depending on your personal circumstances.
Please contact for further details
tel: 01522 876258
or email firstname.lastname@example.org