About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Gain deeper understanding of good personal hygiene and maintaining a clean environment
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Course Content (Units):
1. Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
2. Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
3. Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
4. Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Online assessment – workbook and submit answers online
• Fully online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Care Sector. ou must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.