Care workers play a key role in ensuring their residents/patients are treated with a friendly and caring approach. Care workers have the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds. After an investigation from the care quality commission revealed that 424 out of 1,357 services in England are rated inadequate, the need for high quality trained care workers has never been greater.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college
• Ensure you understand the principles and practice of person-centred thinking, planning and reviews
Course Content (Units):
1. Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
2. Care planning for the care worker
3. Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
4. Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
5. Understanding continence care
6. Principles of supporting sleep
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course (born before 01/09/1998), be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.