Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times
• Further your personal and professional development
Course Content (Units):
1. Dementia awareness
2. The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
3. Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
4. Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
5. Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
6. Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
7. Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Fully online
• Online assessment – workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.