By 2040, the number of people aged over 64 in Britain is expected to grow from 9.5 million to 15 million. The population is aging, meaning more people will live with serious chronic illness and need end of life care. The problems faced and support needed by people nearing the end of life is wide-ranging and a good understanding of pain management, support and quality of life is essential for all carers.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Further your personal and professional development
• Ensure you can manage pain and discomfort
• Ensure that you understand care planning in end of life care
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Course Content (Units):
1 - Understand How To Work in End of Life Care
2 - Care Planning in End of Life Care
3 - Understand How to Provide Support to Manage Pain and Discomfort
4 - End of Life Care and Dementia
5 - Understanding the Role of the Care Worker in Time of Death
6 - Understand Loss and Grief in End of Life Care
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Flipbook – Online PDF workbook
• Online Assessment – Workbook and submit answers online
• Paper-Based – Complete workbooks and return to the college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector.You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Login or Register
Please login to apply online. Once logged in, you can part-save your applications, view your past applications, see the status of your applications and make future applications faster. Once you have been made an offer of a college place, you will also be able to enrol via this portal.
Already registered? Login using this form.
Not registered? Register using this form.