Lincoln College Open Day
01 May, 2019 – 4:30pm - 8:00pm
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have spread within care environments.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Gain deeper understanding of good personal hygiene and maintaining a clean environment
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Course Content (Units):
1 - Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
2 - Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
3 - Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
4 - Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
This course is available in several learning styles:
- Fully Online
- Online Assessment – Workbook and submit answers online
- Paper-Based – Complete workbooks and return to college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Care Sector. ou must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Continued on line assessment throughout the course. You will be expected to complete and submit units on a regular basis.