Gainsborough College Open Day - Every Wednesday
9:00AM - 4:00PM
There are currently no Open Days at Lincoln.
There are currently no Open Days at Newark.
The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 25 years, reaching what many doctors believe to be ‘epidemic’ proportions. Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health-threatening conditions so understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college
• Increase your understanding of food safety for the home environment
Course Content (Units):
1. Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating
2. Consider the Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
3. Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
4. Principles of weight management
5. Understanding eating disorders
6. Principles of food safety for the home environment
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
• Fully online
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to increase their awarness of nutrition and helath. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Continued on line assessment throughout the course. You will be expected to complete and submit units on a regular basis.