Lincoln College Open Day
01 May, 2019 – 4:30pm - 8:00pm
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe consequences, including death. Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college
• Create better preventative care by identifying how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication appropriately
Course Content (Units):
1. Understand medication and prescriptions
2. Supply, storage and disposal of medication
3. Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
4. Record keeping and audit processes for medication
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Fully online
• Online assessment – work through workbook and submit answers online
• Paper based – complete workbooks and return to the college
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Continued on line assessment throughout the course. You will be expected to complete and submit units on a regular basis.