Duration: 12 weeks
Newark Centre - Wednesday 6.00 pm / Thursday 6.00 pm / Friday 10.00 am
A course designed for people with prior ceramics knowledge, to further develop your skills with ceramic processes, including throwing techniques.
Over this twelve week course, students will study the following: • Throwing - bowls forms
• Throwing - flat wars
• Turning - flat wares
• Turning bowl and cylinder forms
• Throwing practical/individual choice
• Throwing practice/individual choice. Glazing and complete all thrown work. Review understanding of throwing techniques
• Throwing - cylinder forms
• Extended ceramics skills - creative hand built form. Design work following specific theme
• Large hand built forms composite pieces
• Large hand built forms - Surface decoration - working oxides and stains on surface. Recording decorative techniques.
• Glazing and complete all work. Review understanding of techniques.
There are no qualifications required for this course. This course is only available to learners aged 19+