Lincoln College Open Day
29 June, 2019 – 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Duration: 12 weeks
Newark Centre - Wednesday 6.00 pm / Thursday 6.00 pm / Friday 10.00 am
A course designed for people with prior ceramics knowledge, to further develop your skills with ceramic processes, including throwing techniques.
Over this twelve week course, students will study the following:
- Throwing - bowls forms
- Throwing - flat wars
- Turning - flat wares
- Turning bowl and cylinder forms
- Throwing practical/individual choice
- Throwing practice/individual choice. Glazing and complete all thrown work. Review understanding of throwing techniques
- Throwing - cylinder forms
- Extended ceramics skills - creative hand built form. Design work following specific theme
- Large hand built forms composite pieces
- Large hand built forms - Surface decoration - working oxides and stains on surface. Recording decorative techniques.
- Glazing and complete all work. Review understanding of techniques.
There are no qualifications required for this course. This course is only available to learners aged 19+