Lincoln College Open Day
01 May, 2019 – 4:30pm - 8:00pm
The Ascentis Level 2 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care Professions is designed to help learners make an informed choice about a career in health and social care. Achievement of this qualification could act as progression towards programmes of study at Level 2 or Level 3, such as the Access to HE Diploma.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without having to attend college
Course Content (Units):
1. Developing self
2. Individual rights and responsibilities
3. Identity and cultural diversity
4. Time management
5. Research skills for academic study
6. Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults
7. Ethical issues in health care
8. Introduction to mental health
9. Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
10. Principles of communication in adult social care settings
11. Understanding health and safety in health and social care settings
This course is available in several learning styles:
• Flipbook – online PDF workbook
There are no formal entry requirements but this course is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue a career in the Health Care Sector. You must be 19 or older on the first day of the course, be living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this.
Continued on line assessment throughout the course. You will be expected to complete and submit units on a regular basis.