There's plenty of support available from both the College and the Local Authority so please spend some time looking at all the options available to you and working with our Student Services Team to ensure that you get the support you need.
As part of your application process, you need to consider how you are going to get to college, not only thinking about your bus route but also about how you will financially support your travel.
16-18 Local Authority Support
If you are aged 16 to 18 then you may be able to get help from your Local Authority to get to college each day.
As a starting point you need to contact your Local Authority to find out what Home to College transport support they can offer.
If you live in Lincolnshire visit Lincolnshire County Council’s School and College Transport page.
If you live in Nottinghamshire visit Nottinghamshire County Council’s Post 16 Travel Assistance for Students page.
To ensure Local Authority transport support is in place for the start of the Academic Year you must have applied for it and paid any contribution requested by them before 31st July.
If you cannot afford any contribution requested by your Local Authority, or if you do not qualify for support from them we may be able to help. Please see our 16-18 College Travel Fund or 19+ College Travel Fund section below for full details.
16-18 College Travel Fund Academic Year 2017-18
If you are aged 16-18, live more than 3 miles from College, and meet our 16-18 Learner Support Fund (part of the 16-19 Bursary Fund) eligibility criteria there are a number of travel options available to you.
Our Travel Fund options include:
- A maximum of £1,008 per Academic Year Travel Bursary if you live outside your Local Authority’s designated travel area to college, paid in instalments.
- A refund of your Local Authority Travel Pass if you have already paid for it and have enrolled on and started your course.
- If you are unable to pay for your Local Authority’s Travel Pass we will pay for it on your behalf.
- If you are eligible for Lincolnshire County Council’s Travel Pass but don’t want to take up this option we will award you a maximum of £144 per term toward the cost of travel.
- If your circumstances do not meet our Learner Support Fund eligibility criteria but your gross household income is below £38,000pa you may qualify for a maximum of £432 towards travel costs in the Academic Year, paid in instalments. You must still live more than 3 miles from College to qualify for this support and other rules may apply.
- Further eligibility criteria may apply with all the above options. See our 16-18 Learner Support Fund application form for full details. Application forms can be downloaded from the Money Matters page. Alternatively, you can request an application form by emailing us at email@example.com.
19+ College Travel Fund Academic Year 2017-18
If you are a student aged 19 or over, live more than 3 miles from College, and meet our Learner Support Fund eligibility criteria you can apply to the 19+ Travel Fund* for help with the cost of travel to college.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Money Matters page. Alternatively, you can request an application form by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This fund is means tested. Further eligibility criteria may apply.
Contact Student Services
Need some advice on the support options available to students?
Lincoln: 01522 876000
Gainsborough: 01427 617471
Newark: 01636 680680Find out more
Find a Course
Just drop in any Wednesday between 10.00am - 7.00pm.