Shining a light on extraordinary performance, the Spotlight Awards are designed to encourage recognition for employees when they go the extra mile.
Individual Staff Nominations
Staff can be nominated at any time of the year by their managers or their peers/colleagues. Spotlight Awards can be awarded for specific and exceptional one-off achievements, for example successful delivery of a major project or to a member of staff that has consistently contributed and performed above and beyond expectations.
Every month we acknowledge the outstanding contribution made by our staff by presentation of a Spotlight Certificate at an event at Lincoln College’s Sessions Restaurant. We also take this opportunity to welcome our new starters to the organisation as well as acknowledging our staff who have achieved 20 years of continuous service.
It is a way for the College to formally say “thank you” to ensure that staff feel appreciated for their efforts and are committed to our vision to be an extraordinary organisation.
Spotlight Award winners are awarded with £50 through Perkbox, which can be spent on a range of awards to suit different tastes.
The categories for awarding staff are:
- For a specific and one-off achievement
- For consistent contributions and performance above and beyond expectations
- For exceptional dedication to learning, assessment and teaching.
Teams can be nominated on a quarterly basis by their managers or their peers/ colleagues. The successful Team will be awarded with a trophy which will be kept by the Team for three-months and then will be passed on to the next Team award winners.
Guidelines on completion of the Individual Award Nomination Form:
Please fully complete the form before submitting. Click here to download the form
- Nominators must indicate whether they wish to nominate an Individual or Team, by checking the box at the top of the form.
- Provide the name of Individual or Team and School/Lead/Area.
- Nominators must ensure that their name, job title and date fields are complete.
Please provide a citation of no more than 1500 characters, using the headings below:
- Introduction - please provide a brief 1-2-line introduction explaining what the nominee/team has done and its relevance to the chosen category.
- Background – please explain briefly the background to the individual/team, where known and where relevant; such as their time in the role, the extent of their experience gained in the role, what led to the activity and why it’s important.
- Reason for the Award – Please provide a description on why the nominee/team deserves the award.
- Impact – please explain any impact the nominee/team has had on the wider team/college/ commercial/reputation/leadership group.
Nominators must complete the nomination form following the Guidelines above and should be endorsed by the Director of School or Head of Unit. The form can be found at:
https://www.lincolncollege.ac.uk/jobs/reward-and-recognition/ and must be returned to: email@example.com for consideration by ELT.