Safer Recruitment is embedded into the Lincoln College recruitment process to ensure the following:
- Students are able to learn and thrive in a safe environment.
- Statutory responsibilities are adhered to.
- Appropriate staff are appointed for the job they do.
- Recruited staff and volunteers are the best in their field.
The Lincoln College Safer Recruitment Policy describes in detail the recruitment processes and the checks which are in place to help deter, reject or identify people who are unsuitable to work within our learning environment. A copy is available on request from the HR Unit.
Should your application be successful, your offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory safer recruitment checks. These checks are in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance and will include a DBS Check, Reference check, Prohibition Check and an identity document check to ensure that you have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education – September 2019
- Regulated Activity in Relation to Children Scope
- DBS Code of Practice
- DBS ID Checking Guidelines
- Guidance on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Guidance for Applying for Criminal Records Checks from Overseas.
- Right to Work Check
- Employers Guide to Acceptable Right to Work Documents
- Prevent Duty
If you have any queries regarding our safer recruitment processes, then please contact Nicola Jepson (HR Officer) via email NJepson@lincolncollege.ac.uk or connect with Nicola on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicola-jepson/
In this section
POSTPONEMENT OF LINCOLN, NEWARK AND GAINSBOROUGH COLLEGE OPEN DAYS AND WELCOME DAYS DUE TO CORONAVIRUS