We are therefore proud to be a part of the Taking Teaching Further (TTF) programme, which is a national initiative to attract experienced industry professionals with expert technical knowledge and skills to work in Further Education.
The TTF scheme helps to bring experienced industry professionals into our FE classrooms by helping providers to support those skilled professionals with the training that they require to become FE teachers.
Would you like to inspire the next generation and provide our students with the skills they need to unleash their full potential, whilst receiving the support to train in something new and work towards your own career goals and aspirations?
We’re looking to recruit industry professionals* with expert technical knowledge and skills within the following areas:
- Engineering & Manufacturing
As a new teacher, you will be supported through the programme as follows:
- Fully funded to undertake a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) over two years.
- Intensive support will be provided through a range of mediums such as teaching and work shadowing arrangements (144 hours)
- Following a period of intensive support, you will also receive a reduced teaching workload until the end of March 2021 (up to 140 hours)
- Dedicated Professional Standards and Learning Coach Mentor
* You are required to have worked for a minimum of 3 years in your area of vocation and are, at the time of applying to become an FE teacher, still working in the same industry, or has been within the past 18 months in order to be eligible for the TTF scheme.
In addition to the above you could also benefit from:
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Up to 50 holiday days per year
- A minimum of 3 weeks unbroken leave during the summer.
- Ability to work from home for up to 4 hours per week.
- Ability to work from home during the period that falls between Christmas and New Year each year assuming that the college opens in that period (i.e. the end of the autumn term and the beginning of the spring term).
- Access to a wide range of employee benefits from day 1, including access to over 200 discounts via Perkbox, discounted membership at our on-site Spa & Gym Facilities (Dean’s Sport and Leisure) and relaxed dress code on Friday’s and during non-term time.
- An opportunity to work for an organisation who understand the difficulties of everyday life and are therefore happy to talk about flexible working. (TTF roles need to work a minimum of 18.5 hours per week).
- An opportunity to work for an organisation who is committed to supporting our employees' mental health and wellbeing.
If you'd like the chance to make a difference and pass on your skills and experience to young people who are eager to learn the trade from experts, then please contact us today.
Direct applications and further information in relation to our recruitment processes can be found on our website: www.lincolncollege.ac.uk/jobs
Connect with any of our team on LinkedIn and we'll be happy to support you through the recruitment process or answer any questions you may in relation to the TTF scheme.
Samantha Crosby (HR Assistant – Recruitment)
Charlotte Hill (HR Assistant – Recruitment)